Setting up the menu for your Joomla site is one of the first things you'll want to do. Follow along with the documentation and you'll learn how to set up the main menu for your Joomla website.
This step by step is for setting up a default Joomla menu and not Shackmenu.
1. Navigate to Extensions >> Module Manager. Here you will see a list of all of the modules you have on your Joomla website.
2. Select Menu module from the list. Make sure the title is not published and that the module is placed in the menu module position.
3. On the module parameters/basic options you'll need to ckeck the radio button that says yes to Show Sub-menu Items.
4. Under Advanced parameters/options you'll change the module suffix from _menu to -none and the menu class suffix to -none or leave them both empty.
5. Click the Save icon on the top right and you're done.